How to install and register VigorACS 2 on Windows?
This document is going to demonstrate how to install VigorACS 2 on Windows platform.
You could do the following preparation before installed:
- Once install VigorACS 2 on a machine, you cannot downgrade to VigorACS SI. Please check the compatible CPE list and hardware requirement from our website first.
- VigorACS 2 can only run on the 64-bits platform. Please make sure you have the 64-bit operating system.
- Please contact your local distributor to get the installation file of the latest version VigorACS 2.
(This article is for installing the VigorACS 2 on Windows platform. VigorACS 2 can run on Linux platform as well, please refer to this article for installing on Linux device.)
Install VigorACS 2 on Windows
1. Download the VigorACS 2 installation package and extract it.
2. Install OpenJDK first (Path: \ACS\Software), click Next and go through the installation process.
3. Install MariaDB (Path: \ACS\Software). Press Next and go through the installation process:
a. Make sure the file path length of MariaDB is not longer than 100 characters, otherwise you may have problems during installing MariaDB (By default, the directory of MariaDB is located at C:\Program Files\MariaDB)
b. Please pay attention about the root password, you need to type your own MySQL password and record it.
4. Install VigorACS 2 (Path: \ACS\ACS):
a. When program prompts to select the path of MySQL, you must choose the correct directory.
b. Database Install Type Selection: you could choose either Rebuild or Upgrade Database. If you're installing VigorACS 2 for the first time, please select Rebuild Database to create a new one.
c. Enter the MySQL password which specified at step 3-b.
d. Setup VigorACS 2 HTTP and HTTPS port, we'll suggest using other ports instead of default 80 and 443 port to prevent the possible conflict.
5. After installation, you should see the message shows VigorACS 2 started successfully.
How to check if the VigorACS 2 services started successfully?
If VigorACS 2 couldn't start properly, please ensure there is a start message in Syslog, which could be found in the following path:
If you couldn't see the started message in Syslog, please provide the log and all the VigorACS 2 installed information to DrayTek technical support: [email protected]
Access and register VigorACS 2
1. To access VigorACS 2, launch a browser and type the IP or the domain name of the PC with the port number on the URL, then you'll see VigorACS 2 login page. If you are using the PC that has VigorACS 2 installed, you may just enter "localhost" with the port number and type default username (root) and password (admin123) to log in.
2. VigorACS 2 web will prompt that there's no license could be found, press Activate button to continue register process.
3. Login with your MyVigor account
4. Type the nickname of VigorACS 2, then press Add to finish register process.
5. Press Trial button to activate the trial license. We provide 1 month trial license for you to try VigorACS 2 services, you will need to purchase the license from your local distributor every year.
6. Read the agreement and check the box, then press Next button.
7. Select the start date of this license, then press Register button to activate the trial license.
8. MyVigor will display the information of license which means the license has been activated successfully. Press Login to ACS button to go back to VigorACS 2 web page.
9. Finally, we could enjoy the new design of VigorACS 2 from now on!