How to install and register VigorACS 2 on Linux?
This document is going to demonstrate how to install VigorACS 2 on Linux platform.
You could do the following preparation before installed:
- Once install VigorACS 2 on a machine, you cannot downgrade to VigorACS SI. Please check the compatible CPE list and hardware requirement from our website first.
- VigorACS 2 can only run on the 64-bits platform. Please make sure you have the 64-bit operating system.
- Please contact your local distributor to get the installation file of the latest version VigorACS 2.
(This article is for installing the VigorACS 2 on Linux platform. VigorACS 2 can run on Windows platform as well, please refer to this article for installing on Windows device.)
Install VigorACS 2 on Linux
1. Make sure you're using the root privilege and has installed the following package on your Linux device:
- net-tools (need ifconfig command)
2. Download the VigorACS 2 installed package and extract it via the cmd:
#bzip2 -cd VigorACS_Unix_Like_xxxxxx_xxxxx.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
#tar -jxv -f VigorACS_Unix_Like_xxxxxx_xxxxx.tar.bz2
3. Change the privilege mode of install.sh and uninstall.sh
#chmod 755 ./install.sh
#chmod 755 ./uninstall.sh
4. Execute ./install.sh installation file. Please make sure you have /usr/bin/sh first. If you don't have /usr/bin/sh, please type the command:
#ln -s /bin/sh /usr/bin/sh
If you haven't installed VigorACS program before, it will request to create a new folder at the path /usr/local/vigoracs. Enter "y" to continue the installation process.
5. If you use CentOS or RedHat version, installation program will request you to install some packages first. Because some of the Linux versions are lack of font package with minimum installation, and it will impact the CAPTCHA displayed. Enter "y" to install those package and continue the installation process.
6. Then, the main menu will display. Enter "1" to install mariadb for MySQL database.
Please notice that the program will set blank as default MySQL password, you may change it via the command:
#/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/usr/local/mysql/my.cnf -u root password 'new password'
7. Enter "2" to install java(openjdk)
8. The last step is to install VigorACS 2. If you haven't installed VigorACS series before, enter "3" to install VigorACS 2 and create the TR-069 database. It is strongly recommended you to use VigorACS customized MySQL database.
When being asked to enter MySQL password, press "Enter" directly if you haven't changed the password via command. Finally, confirm TR-069 database has installed successfully.
9. After we finished all the installed steps, move to the folder of vigoracs(/usr/local/vigoracs/VigorACS/bin/) and execute ./vigoracs.sh, enter "3" to start VigorACS.
You could type 0.0.0.0 for binding IP which means VigorACS 2 will auto catch the IP of your network adapter for VigorACS 2 service.
Note: To prevent the possible port conflict, it's strongly recommended to use other ports for HTTP and HTTPS instead of default 80 and 443 port.
How to check if the VigorACS 2 services started successfully?
If VigorACS 2 couldn't start normally, please ensure there is a start message in server log, which could be found in the following path:
tail -f /usr/local/vigoracs/VigorACS/server/default/log/server.log
If you couldn't see the start message in Syslog, please provide the log and all the VigorACS install information to DrayTek technical support: [email protected]
Why I cannot access VigorACS 2 from Internet?
If you still cannot access the router from the Internet even though you have confirmed it started successfully, please confirm if there's any firewall or NAT rule blocking the connection. Scan or telnet the port from Internet to check whether the HTTP/HTTPS port is opened on this server.
Access and register VigorACS 2
1. To access VigorACS 2, launch a browser and type the IP or the domain name of the PC with the port number on the URL, then you'll see VigorACS 2 login page. If you are using the PC that has VigorACS 2 installed, you may just enter "localhost" with the port number and type default username (root) and password (admin123) to log in.
2. VigorACS 2 web will prompt that there's no license could be found, press Activate button to continue register process.
3. Login with your MyVigor account
4. Type the nickname of VigorACS 2, then press Add to finish register process.
5. Press Trial button to activate the trial license. We provide 1 month trial license for you to try VigorACS 2 services, and you need to purchase the license from your local distributor every year.
6. Read the agreement and check the box, then press Next button.
7. Select the start date of this license, then press Register button to activate the trial license.
8. MyVigor will display the information of license which means the license has been activated successfully. Press Login to ACS button to go back to VigorACS 2 web.
9. Finally, we could enjoy the new design of VigorACS 2 from now on!