- Home »
- FAQ »
- Security »
- Firewall »
- [Vigor3900] How to use WCF to pass some web categories only and block the others?
[Vigor3900] How to use WCF to pass some web categories only and block the others?
1. Check if the WCF license is valid: Go to Objects Setting >> Web Category Object >> Content Filter License and check the status.
2. Create a Web Category Object: Go to Objects Setting >> Web Category Object, click Add to create a new one. In the Object, select the categories we would like to pass then apply the setting. In this example, Network Administrator woudl like to pass only the websites in category “Computers and Technology” and “Search engines and Portals”.
3. Create a URL/Web Category Filter: Go to Firewall >> Filter Setup >> URL/Web Category Filter, click Add to create a profile.
- Check Enable.
- Disable Filter Https.
- Enable Syslog (optional)
- Select the Web Category Object we just created for Web Category Policy.
- Select Accept for Policy.
(Note: Policy Accept means it is a White list, so only the selected web categories in the Web Category Object will be accepted while all the others will be blocked.)
- Apply the settings.
4. Now, try to browse "www.draytek.com" from Vigor3900's LAN. It is passed since this website belongs to web category “Computers and Technology”
5. Try to browse www.payeasy.com.tw. It is blocked since this website belongs to web category “Shopping”.
6. If Syslog is enabled in step3, Network Administrator can check Syslog to see the Block message via System Maintenance >>Syslog/ Mail Alert >>Syslog File. In this example, the router accepts only a few Web Categories so the blocking log will be “[CSM] While List Blocking”.