- Home »
- FAQ »
- Security »
- Content Security Management (CSM) »
- How to use APP Enforcement to block application like Facebook, YouTube or TeamViewer?
How to use APP Enforcement to block application like Facebook, YouTube or TeamViewer?
APP Enforcement helps network administrator to block applications on LAN network. Draytek routers provide a few categories to set up the profiles e.g., IM, P2P, Protocol, Stream, Remote control.
This document is going to demonstrate how to use APP Enforcement to block Facebook, Skype, YouTube and TeamViewer.
1. Create an APP Enforcement Profile: Click on an Index number to create a new profile at CSM >> APP Enforcement Profile
2. Set up the details in the profile.
- Enter Profile Name
- Choose the Facebook in Instant Message
- Choose Skype in VoIP
- Choose YouTube in Stream
- Choose TeamViewer in Remote control
- Click OK to save
3. Apply the APP Enforcement Profile to a Firewall Filter Rule
Go to Firewall >> Filter Setup, and click an available set
4. Click on a Filter Rule index to set up a filter.
5. Set up the details in the profile.
- Enable the Filter Rule.
- Put the comments of this rule
- Select the Direction as LAN/DMZ/RT/VPN -> WAN
- Edit the Source IP which should be blocked from the APP.
- Select Filter as Pass Immediately.
- Select APP Enforcement as the profile we created in Step 2.
- You may also check the Syslog if needed.
- Click OK to save.
6. With the above configuration, LAN clients cannot be able to use the APP and website.
What should I do if the APP is not on the list?
If the APP is not on the APPE profile, you may use DNS filter and URL Content Filter (UCF) to block it.
How to block a HTTPS website by URL Filter and DNS Filter?