- Home »
- FAQ »
- Security »
- Content Security Management (CSM) »
- How to force your LAN clients to use Youtube in Restricted mode?
How to force your LAN clients to use Youtube in Restricted mode?
Support Model :
- Tags :
Youtube provides Restricted Mode that helps screen out potentially objectionable content that you may prefer not to see or don't want others in your family to stumble across while enjoying YouTube. Below example will show how to configure Vigor Router to force LAN clients to use Youtube in Restricted mode.
1. Go to Applications >> LAN DNS/DNS Forwarding, and click on an index number to edit a profile:
- Enable this profile.
- Enter Profile name.
- Enter "www.youtube.com"asDomain Name
- Add "restrict.youtube.com" as CNAME
- Click OK to apply.
2. Similarly, setup LAN DNS profiles for the following youtube domain names:
3. With the above LAN DNS configurations, when LAN clients open Youtube, they will be redirected to youtube restricted mode server, and we may check Restricted Mode is On or Off on youtube directly.
If youtube restricted mode is not turned on as expected. please do the following:
- Clear DNS cache on the LAN hosts for the LAN DNS to work. For Windows users, this may be done by entering command “ipconfig/flushdns”
- Clear browsing history for the browser.