- Home »
- FAQ »
- Miscellaneous »
- Resetting & Firmware Upgrade »
- How to upload firmware to my Vigor Router via TFTP from macOS?
How to upload firmware to my Vigor Router via TFTP from macOS?
This document demonstrates how to upload a firmware to Vigor router by Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), this is a way to upgrade the router's firmware without logging into the router's web management page. Here we use macOS native TFTP client for example.
1. Connect your computer directly to the router's LAN port and configure the network adapter to the following settings:
- IP address: 192.168.1.10
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (the default IP of the router)
2. Set your router to TFTP mode:
- Power off the router.
- Press and hold the Factory Reset button.
- Power on the router while keep pressing the Factory Reset button.
- The left three LED lights will flash rapidly, indicate the router is in TFTP mode.
(For Vigor3900, only the ACT LED light will flash rapidly.)
3. Open terminal and type following command:
cd (drag the folder contains the firmware file to Terminal)
put [firmware file]
The result will be shown on Terminal after the file uploaded successfully.
Router will then reboot and return to normal mode.