- Home »
- FAQ »
- Miscellaneous »
- Application »
- [Vigor3900] How to notify Network Administrator by SMS message when the events occur (e.g.: WAN disconnect / reconnect)?
[Vigor3900] How to notify Network Administrator by SMS message when the events occur (e.g.: WAN disconnect / reconnect)?
Support Model : Vigor3900Vigor2960Vigor300B
Vigor Router can send the SMS message to notify the network administrator when encounters some circumstances, including:
- WAN disconnect / reconnect
- VPN disconnect / reconnect
- Temperature Alert, when the value of attached thermometer out of setting range
- Router reboot
- CPU usage
- Memory usage
- Transmit (Tx) usage
- Receive (Rx) usage
- High Availability, when the WAN of primary router failed and the secondary router take over, configuration sync between primary and secondary router fail, and one of the routers becomes unstable
- Syslog, to send the all syslog or alert only
We take WAN disconnect and reconnect for example in the following paragraphs.
(This setup applies to Vigor3900, Vigor2960, and Vigor300B. For other models, please refer to the article here.)
1. Go to Object Setting >> SMS Service Object page, and click Add to create a new service object.
2. Set SMS Service Object as follows:
- Enter a Profile name and Enable this profile.
- Select the SMS Service Provider.
- Enter the credential for using the SMS service.
- Apply the settings.
Note: Quota will decrease by one after sending out each SMS message.
3. Go to Object Setting >> Notification Object page, and click Add to create a new notification profile.
4. Set Notification Object as follows:
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the Profile name.
- Check Enable to choose the alert service. In this example, we enable WAN Disconnection and WAN Reconnection.
5. Go to Applications >> SMS/Mail Alert Service >> SMS Alert Service page, and click Edit to set the alert service.
6. Set SMS Alert Service as follows:
- Enable the service.
- Set SMS Provider to the profile created in step 2.
- Enter Network Administrator's phone number in Recipient.
- Set Notify Profile to the profile created in step 4.
- Apply the settings.
7. Network administrator will receive the SMS text when the WAN connectivity status changed.