- Home »
- FAQ »
- Miscellaneous »
- Application »
- How to notify Network Administrator via Mail Alert Service when the events occur (e.g.: WAN and VPN disconnect / reconnect)?
How to notify Network Administrator via Mail Alert Service when the events occur (e.g.: WAN and VPN disconnect / reconnect)?
Support Model :
- Tags :
Vigor Router can send the email to notify the network administrator when encounters some circumstances, including:
- WAN disconnect / reconnect
- VPN disconnect / reconnect
- Temperature Alert, when the value of attached thermometer out of setting range
- WAN budget, when reach the WAN budget limit
- Central VPN Management: CPE offline, CPE config backup / restore fail, CPE firmware upgrade fail, and CPE VPN profile setup fail
- High Availability, when the WAN of primary router failed and the secondary router take over, configuration sync between primary and secondary router fail, and one of the routers becomes unstable
We take WAN and VPN disconnect and reconnect for example in the following paragraphs.
(This setup applies to most of the models. For Vigor3900, Vigor2960, and Vigor300B, please refer to the article here.)
1. Go to Objects Setting >> SMS/Mail Service Object, and click an available index at Mail Server tab
Give a Profile Name
- Type SMTP Server and Port according to mail service provider
- Enter Sender Address
- Check Use SSL, Authentication, enter the Username and Password if the mail service provider requires
2. Go to Objects Setting >> Notification Object and click an available index. Select the events that you would like to be notified.
Note: The events available can be different based on models, please check When can I get an SMS or Mail Alert from the router?
3. Go to Application >> SMS/Mail Alert Service, select on available index at Mail Alert tab,
- Select Mail Server and Notify Profile
- Type the administrator's e-mail address in Recipient and click OK to apply
4. Now when either WAN or VPN disconnect or reconnect, Vigor router will notify administrator via email.
Some of the SMTP servers don't allow unauthorized mail agents, you might need to use less secure settings to use Mail Alert Service. For Gmail, this can be adjusted in Sign-in & security.