- Home »
- FAQ »
- Management »
- User Management »
- How to allow users login to Vigor's Hotspot with their social media accounts (e.g.: Facebook & Google)?
How to allow users login to Vigor's Hotspot with their social media accounts (e.g.: Facebook & Google)?
Vigor Router supports Hotspot Web Portal function, network administrator can set Vigor Router as a Hotspot provider with web authentication and allow users to log in with their social media accounts, such as Facebook and Google. We demonstrate how to set up the hotspot web portal with Facebook login in the following paragraphs.
Vigor Router Setup
1. Make sure the router is connected to the Internet.
2. Go to Hotspot Web Portal >> Profile Setup, click on an available index.
3. Here are just 5 easy steps to setup. First, Enable this profile, give comments, and select Social Login for Login Method. Then choose Login with Facebook at the Select Social Login and click Save and Next.
4-1. Choose the Color Background, customize the information a logo color, and click Save and Next.
Note: you can click the Step Icon on the top of the page to go to the step you want, router will save your setting automatically.
4-2. Or choose the Image Background, customize the information and background image, and click Save and Next.
5. Customize the descriptions on the login page, and enter the social media APP ID and APP Secret (Visit here for Facebook, and here for Google to see how to register for a APP ID), then click Save and Next.
6. You can set the Whitelist for the profile here to allow specific clients to access the internet or certain websites can be visited without login.
7. Set up the Expired Time After Activation and Landing Page After Activation that Hotspot clients will see after they login successfully. Finally, select the interfaces to which you would like this hotspot profile apply to, then click Finish to save the setting.
8. Then the Hotspot setup is finished. You may click Preview to check the login page.
Hotspot Clients Login
9. Now, when clients connect to the selected router interface, and try to access internet, they will be redirected to "portal.draytek.com".
- Due to security concerns, the browser might warns that it cannot verify server identity, the clients would need to tap "Continue" before they can proceed to portal.draytek.com.
- The client might not be able to access "portal.draytek.com" if this domain name is resolved by a DNS server on LAN. If so, set up LAN DNS to make sure the domain name will be resolved to the router's LAN IP.
10. Tap on a login method, and it will open the social media login page. Enter the social media accounts and password to log in.
11. If the credentials are correct, the client will be redirected to the landing page and be able to access the Internet afterward.
Network administrator can plug the USB disk to router, to record the basic information of the users who connect to the Wi-Fi and login with their social media accounts. The users' basic information will be listed on Hotspot Web Portal >> Users Information page.
If you only get a blank page after clicking "Login with Facebook", it's probably that the APP ID or APP Secret are incorrect. Please confirm the entry again then try again.