- Home »
- FAQ »
- Management »
- Central AP Management (APM) »
- [Vigor3900] How to auto-provision an VigorAP by AP Management (APM)?
[Vigor3900] How to auto-provision an VigorAP by AP Management (APM)?
Support Model : Vigor3900
This document describes how to auto-provision VigorAP with the AP Management (APM) feature on Vigor3900/2960/300B. When a new VigorAP joins the router's LAN network, it can download the WLAN profile on Vigor3900 automatically. We will take an environment constructed with Vigor3900 and AP910C as example, and demonstrate how to Auto-provision the setting from Vigor3900 APM to AP910C.
(This article applies to Vigor3900, Vigor2960 and Vigor300B, for other models, please refer to the article here.)
Edit WLAN Profile
1. On Vigor3900, go to Central Management >> AP, then there’s a new page pops out. Go to AP Management >> WLAN Profile, select Default profile then click Edit / Add.
2. Enable Auto Provision, set up the WLAN profile, configure the general settings, and click Next.
3. Edit detail settings of each SSID of 2.4G WLAN, and click Next.
4. Edit detail settings of each SSID of 5G WLAN, and click Finish.
Apply Settings to AP
5. With the above configuration, when a VigorAP connects to Vigor3900's LAN network, it will get the WLAN configuration from Vigor3900 automatically. This might take about a minute. After that, from AP Management >> Status, you will see the VigorAP connected is Online, and its SSID, Encryption method and Channel have changed to those we set in Default Profile.
Note that auto-provision will not work if the VigorAP has changed its Admin password, or it does not have AP Management and Auto Provision enabled. However, by factory default, VigorAP are ready for auto-provision.
When a VigorAP is shown in status page but did not get provision from the router, please click "Clear" at the right side of the device to remove it, and let VigorAP try to register to the router again.