- Home »
- FAQ »
- Management »
- Central AP Management (APM) »
- Introduction of DrayTek AP Management (APM) Solutions
Introduction of DrayTek AP Management (APM) Solutions
Nowadays, Wi-Fi is becoming a necessity of life much like the sun, air and water. To meet the growing demand for Wi-Fi and to ensure adequate coverage, it is common to deploy multiple access points in locations such as offices, warehouses, hotels, restaurants, cafés, hospitals and campuses. Just like an orchestra needs a conductor to coordinate the performance of musicians, a wireless network can be most efficiently when all access points are centrally managed using DrayTek APM.
DrayTek offers two APM solutions:
1. VigorACS, which is a software package that is installed and run on a computer, can be used to manage not only VigorAP, but also most of DrayTek devices. VigorACS bases on TR-069 protocol, makes this solution be suitable for the customer who has a great number of APs and they may come from different locations.
2. Router built-in APM, this is a central management feature which is built into the firmware of select DrayTek routers, including the Vigor2862 series, Vigor2860 series, Vigor2925 series, Vigor2952 series, Vigor3220 series, Vigor3900, and Vigor2960, etc. Network administrator can easily manage the Vigor APs which directly connect to the LAN of Vigor Router, also from remote VPN network, on the single WUI page on Vigor Router. The maximum number of manageable APs depends on the specific router model.
Both VigorACS and Router built-in APM can perform the following functions,
1. AP Connection Status
2. Event Log Report
3. Auto/Manual Configuration Provision
4. AP Load Balancing
5. AP Floor Plan (AP Map)
6. Configuration Backup/Restore
7. Firmware Upgrade
The comparison table of the differences of VigorACS and Router built-in APM:
|Item||VigorACS||Router built-in APM|
|CPE Nodes||Unlimited, depend on the license||20 - 50, depend on the model|
|AP Location||Every Where||LAN and VPN|
|Statistics & Database||V||X|
|Ranking (Top Client, Top Traffic)||V||X|
|CPE Disconnected Alert||V||X|
|Prevent CPE Setting from Accidentally Changed||V||X|
*Vigor3900, Vigor2960 and Vigor300B use TR-069 to communicate with VigorAP.
For more information of the operation of DrayTek APM solutions, please refer to the following articles:
- VigorACS 2
- How to manage AP by VigorACS 2?
- How to provision AP profile to VigorAP by VigorACS 2?
- How to set up AP Load Balance by VigorACS 2?
- How to check all the clients' connection record during a certain period on VigorACS 2?
- How to plan the wireless coverage by using Floor Plan feature on VigorACS 2 before deploying VigorAPs?
- Router built-in APM
- What is Central AP Management (APM) and how to enable it?
- How to provision a VigorAP by AP Management (APM)?
- How to auto-provision an VigorAP by AP Management (APM)?
- How to set up Load Balance with Central AP Management?
- How to set up roaming with 802.1X authentication by Central AP Management (APM)?
- How to plan the wireless coverage by using AP Map feature on AP Management (APM) before we deploy the VigorAPs?
- [Vigor3900] How to provision a VigorAP by AP Management (APM)?
- [Vigor3900] How to auto-provision an VigorAP by AP Management (APM)?