- Home »
- FAQ »
- Security »
- Content Security Management (CSM) »
- [Vigor3900] How to block a HTTPS website (e.g. Facebook) with URL Content Filter?
[Vigor3900] How to block a HTTPS website (e.g. Facebook) with URL Content Filter?
In this note, we will demonstrate how to use URL Filter on to block a website on Vigor3900, Vigor2960, or Vigor300B. We will create a URL filter to block Facebook for example, this firewall rules can apply to Facebook website on PC and Apps on mobile.
(For other models, please refer to the article here)
1. Create a Keyword Object of Facebook page: Go to Object Setting >> Keyword/DNS Object >>Keyword Object, click Add to create a new one.
2. Enter Profile name, enter the URL keyword in Keyword Member, and click Apply.
3. Create a Firewall Rule to block Facebook page: Go to Firewall >> Filter Setup >> URL/WEB Category Filter, click Add to add a new rule.
4. Set up the Filter profile
- Enter Profile name
- Enable the profile
- Enable Filter Https
- Select the Keyword Object for Facebook in Keyword Block table
- Click Apply.
5. After finishing the settings, Vigor3900 will block the web page when the URL contains the keyword “facebook”.
The URL Filter also works for HTTPS website, although the blocking page might not display correctly. This is because some browser will prevent the access to router's blocking page for security concerns.