- Latest 802.11n draft with 802.11b/g compatibility workable with your legacy wireless devices.
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) to green your IT via power saving and traffic-optimized capabilities.
- Multiple SSID (Up to 4 SSID) for guest wireless access to the Internet.
- AP-Client mode as a destination reinforcing your converge via the existing wireless network.
- WDS (Wireless Distribution System) easily extending your network through Point-to-Point /Multi-Point Bridge and Universal Repeater Mode.
- Built-in Radius Server for the security enhancement of your wireless network.
|The VigorAP 700 is a draft n Wireless Access Point and it provides the ultimate industry standard access to corporate network, the Internet, e-mail and residential wireless network. With mobile workforce demands, VigorAP 700 delivers reliable and secure wireless local area networks (WLANs). The extended range is enabled through its simplified but robust management and configuration.
DrayTek implements intelligent wireless prioritization technology on VigorAP 700. VigorAP 700 supports Wi-Fi Multi Media standard (WMM). It is a standard created to define Quality of Service (QoS) in Wi-Fi networks. It is a precursor to the upcoming IEEE 802.11e WLAN QoS draft standard, which is meant to improve audio, video and voice applications transmitted over Wi-Fi. WMM adds prioritized capabilities to Wi-Fi networks and optimizes their performance when multiple concurring applications, each with different latency and throughput requirements, compete for network resources.
Because wireless clients must have the same SSID as the access point, the traditional access points only can support a single SSID. The VigorAP 700 supports 4 separate SSIDs and virtual LANs (VLANs). As a result, the VigorAP700 divides itself into several virtual access points all within a single hardware platform. Many mobile networks deployed at corporate offices, hotels, shopping malls or restaurants can take advantage of this technology to support several applications such as public Internet access and inventory management. The different policies and functions for each SSID will be able to be assigned. Consequently, the efficiency and flexibility of the network infrastructure can be enhanced. For example, guests of a company could be given wireless access for the Internet, but they are excluded from any access to the internal data server.
You can obtain the MAC addresses of each wireless client from its configuration utility or operating system. You then enter these addresses into a configuration page of VigorAP 700. When MAC address filtering is activated, VigorAP 700 performs additional check for wireless clients to prevent network breaking. Clients within the authenticated list will be able to join with the WLAN. Those who are not on the list will be denied while VigorAP 700 receives their request to join the WLAN.
With industry level security standards for wireless user authentication and data encryption, 802.11i (WPA2) offers strengthened and interoperable wireless networking security. The activation of 802.1x RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-in User Service) allows you centrally manage and store user names and passwords. You can ensure that only legitimate clients can be associated with corporate RADIUS servers.
The VigorAP 700 can extend over large areas (alike shopping mall) by its "WDS" (wireless distribution system). WDS takes care of the establishment of WLAN network with "point-to-point" and "point-to-multi-point" bridging and repeater modes. The repeater mode provides extend wireless access to additional clients where there is a relay AP repeats signal from a base AP to distant clients. The bridge-to-bridge mode allows two wired networks to be connected across some distance. The detachable antenna will let you replace with DrayTek antennas for directional signal shaping or mounting flexibility.
3. Frequency Bands
6. Transmit Power
- Actual data throughput will vary according to the network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, network overhead and building materials.
- Environment conditions may adversely affect wireless operation distance.
- Compatibility with IEEE 802.11n future version is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility with IEEE 802.11n draft devices from other manufacture is not guaranteed.
|Antenna||2 Detachable Antennas|
|Transmit Power||11n : 15 ± 1dBm|
|11g : 15 ± 1dBm|
|11b : 18 ± 1dBm|
|Temperature||Operation : 0° C to 40° C|
|Humidity||10% to 90 % (Non-codensing)|
|Power Consumption||3.3 Watt|
|Dimension||30 (H) x 127 (W) x 96 (D) mm|
Universal Repeater Mode
Standard WDS Mode